.

.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

strong and courageous life

Be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:24

In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Romans 8:37

God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect.
Psalm 18:32

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;  but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles;  they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:29-31

Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9

The Lord will give strength to His people;  The Lord will bless His people with peace. 
Psalm 29:11

The LORD is my strength and my song. 
Exodus 15:2a

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith.  Be courageous.  Be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
Isaiah 41:10

Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14

I can do all things through him who strengthens me. 
Phillipians 4:13

Surely God is my salvation;  I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord  is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.  
Isaiah 12:2

The Lord is my strength and my song;  he has become my salvation.
Psalm 118:14

I have struggled with confidence.  I have struggled with fear and self-doubt.  These are just a few of God's promises that give me strength and courage during those weak moments.  

Being strong and courageous isn't about being agressive or physically powerful.  For me, being strong and courageous means facing and fighting the difficulties in this life with a head held high because He has given us this great strength.  He has given us power.  My past is full of pain and loss, and I still hurt sometimes.  But He is my comfort and strength, and it's a conscious decision to not let the fear and pain and lack of confidence consume me because HE is my strength.

I also have two sons. I pray that they would become strong and courageous men of God. To be bold, to live with integrity, to love fiercely, to serve others. 

And I pray that our family will make strong and courageous choices as we follow God.  I pray for a willingness to go whereever the Lord asks us to go.  And for someone like me, that takes great courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment